free website stats program Upgrade Exhaust Before Break-in? | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade Exhaust Before Break-in?

JDPEagle

I am picking up a new 2010 FLHTK tomorrow morning. I already ordered V&H Power Dual headers, Monster Ovals, K&N Air Filter Assembly, and a Power Commander V (all of which should be arriving via the "Big Brown Santa Sleigh" [aka UPS] tomorrow as well).

Here's my question: can I go ahead and install the upgraded components well before being "out of break-in?" I know a lot of guys who have picked up bikes at the dealership with aftermarket pipes and air filters already installed, so I can't imagine this would be an issue.

Just wanted to run it by the "Harley Gurus" here first :)

PS: Will be posting pics of the new steed shortly.

Just make sure that Santa brings the Power Commander V along with the other Goodies.!
That would be a must before anything else for me. If that part does not make it in, pull the plug on the entire install.

Glider: Thanks so much (as ALWAYS). I'm definitely going to do the 30-60-30 procedure. I've been following that thread for a while, and (I'm afraid to admit) if you said to pour Pepsi Cola in my tank to make it fight the forces of gravity, I might be tempted to give it a try ;)

Hoople: 100% agreed. My set-up would lean out the machine WAY too much without the PCV. I just found out that the commander will likely be here tomorrow, so hence, the desire to put it all on over my long weekend.

Happy 4th everyone! Fly those flags high this weekend!

New bike, holiday weekend. I'd spend the weekend riding and getting used to the new bike, enjoying all the newness. Then in a week or more I would do the modifications, and enjoy the newness all over again. Plus, you will have a baseline in your mind for comparison. Any way you go, congrats on the new ride.:s

I cant leave anything stock, its like a sickness, cant leave well enough alone just my way of making my bikes personal:s

Back