free website stats program Updated reply to my last post | Harley Davidson Forums

Updated reply to my last post

Dominator

This is a correction for my last post. After finally looking myself and not taking the dealers word for it i looked to find out that my air cleaner is indeed NOT stock but a arlen ness big sucker stage 1. They took off the fuel pack and checked the TPS when i took it there concerned about it running to rich they told me it was the problem and removed it
I have ran this engine with screamin eagle slip ons and the arlen ness air cleaner now for approx 2500 miles. My question is this... without the fuel pack to adjust fuel /air ratio is my engine being damaged ?
And btw after looking closer at the pipes under the heat shields are blue and gold clear back to the mufflers...this bike has 12,000 miles on it. ANY reply's or suggestions appreciated !

You need some type of fuel management whether it is a fuel pack or TFI but get some additional fuel into the engine. The color of your pipes is telling you something. You are running lean without fuel management which means hot. When you replace the slip ons and the intake, it leans out the mixture excessively which is lean from the factory with the stock parts on it.

need something or else your gonna do a lot of wear and or damage depending how lean it is .

Back