free website stats program UPDATE plus new question! | Harley Davidson Forums

UPDATE plus new question!

Still rewiring the old electra glide had to order oem style front terminal block and different frame block but maybe next weekend we will see if it will fire up. Another question for ya,I replaced starter solenoid with new one, it still wants to kick out of gear after a bump or two what could be wrong?I tightened down the primary cover really good, made sure bushing was in place so I'm still stuck. any help will be appreciated.

Still rewiring the old electra glide had to order oem style front terminal block and different frame block but maybe next weekend we will see if it will fire up. Another question for ya,I replaced starter solenoid with new one, it still wants to kick out of gear after a bump or two what could be wrong?I tightened down the primary cover really good, made sure bushing was in place so I'm still stuck. any help will be appreciated.

Check the starter clutch:s Do you have a manual, if not we can find the pics I think:s

thanks jack yes i do have a manual now that i downloaded from the net i didnt get all pages but ill check it out and see what it says.

Take a good look at the starter clutch, too often it is over looked and confused with a solenoid problem:s

A few other question!!

Hello All, It's been awhile since I last visited . been busy and upset with this basketcase I purchased. Anyway I hope everyone is doing good and thanks again for all the help I have recieved so far. Now I am still working on this 67 shovel electra glide. some good news and bad. finally got it mostly rewired. we got to hear it fire up and run a short bit. made me happy. then everything went down from there. i had bypassed the starter relay because the diagram did not show one for a 67 so maybe that didnt help. also installed a new starter clutch, paid for the most expensive like a dummie but it worked three times got stuck . solenoid got stuck broke shaft to primary clutch gear messed it all up. so now back to square 1 . also found thranny filled with water and old lube what a mess. but also found kicker and clutch throw out bearing was broken so ordered all that. now for the questions. As stated earlier on another post i found out i have a dgv5000 generator with built in regulator so how do i wire the new relay from there? also whats best to clean out tranny, gas or kerosene? as i dont have parts cleaner.

Back