free website stats program UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD & TL | Harley Davidson Forums

UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD & TL

I thought that this was a very well thought out and well written comparison
Thanks for taking the time to do all the work and sharing your findings

Brian

Yep-

The CD item # is 2261...

But you need to determine if they are shipping the Phase 5 or Phase 6...

The manufacturer choose to use the same item number for the Phase 6 as they did for the Phase 5 :dknow, so any distributor will need to actually open the box to be able to tell the difference...

-bogie

I have a Road Glide that has the dual H4 lights. I converted to a true HID lighting system. Finding a place to mount the ballasts was truly a challenge. You'd think there's a ton of room under there but that's simply not the case. I fabbed a bracket from the 4 bolts holding the fairing assemby and formed and curved it to the contour of the inner. Granted I had to drill 2 holes on the inner fairing but (Edit). I wanted more LIGHT.. Period. Well.. I got what I wanted for $60.00 plus a little of my time a couple of hours. I got the light kit on Ebay at " HID Direct" It is listed as "BI-XENON HID Complete KIT HI/LO H4 Motorcycle Bike MOTO" This is a HI/LOW kit with BOTH Bulbs. They use a electro magnet to move the bulb in its socket. This is sweet. I can see everything.... WELL! The system uses much less power than the stock lights and is waterproof also. I liked the lights so well that I bought a set for my truck and the O'ladys car.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Today 02:47 PM
darrellod1

Sorry to tell you but you are going to get hit with a language infraction.
Ken

I have a Road Glide that has the dual H4 lights.

Great Info. What size are your glass envelopes (5-3/4", 7" etc).
Were the ballasts the "mini Ballasts" or the full size Bosch units. What color temp did you select for the HID capsules (4500, 6000 etc). Tks!

Back