free website stats program Unused wiring connector under seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

Unused wiring connector under seat?

Dan_J.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what this plug is/was for, is it a stock item that has been bypassed or could it be an interface cable plug for the dyna 2000i ignition? The bike is a 1994 soft tail custom.

Attachments

• DSCF0239.jpg
    DSCF0239.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF0238.jpg
    DSCF0238.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 99
Mine's a 90 and I had a 96 but neither had a plug that looked like that. Have you traced the wires back to see where they go? That may help in determining what it's for.

do you know if it is a California bike? it may be the plug in for the trap door soleniod on the original backplate for Cali models wire colors are white,grey/black,brown/red, and black. other wise not sure maybe for a trailor

Im not sure if its a cali bike, I think after looking around the net I decided that it must be a plug for the stock ignition module that was originally under the seat since the bike currently has the dyna 2000i ignition that is fully self contained under the timing cover, if I am wrong I hope someone lets me know.

The wire colors are black, violet, green, red, white and black with white, at least one wire (violet) runs under the tank which could be for the VOES switch with the others running down the loom behind the oil bag I cant see where they go after that.

Thank you for the responses the help is appreciated.

Dan,
Upon re-reading your post your ignition was changed over to the Dyna2000.......that my friend looks like the original connector for the stock module which looked like below....most folks remove all unnecessary wires once they've gone to an aftermarket ignition. I've seen other style (Deutsch) connectors used on some models like my 96. Perhaps the OO left it there in case he/she decided to go back to stock?

bigal66-albums-misc-picture7234-ignition_module.jpg

Back