free website stats program Under mount mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

Under mount mirrors

barnak

Good day to all, does anyone out there have mount there mirrors under the handle bar on a 883N Iron, if yes, what does it takes for parts, thanks

Most HD mirrors mount from above with a nut on the bottom. Just reverse them and install from below with the nut on top. You'll have to swap left for right. Now it's just a matter of finding mirrors that look good down there, are useable and don't hit your tank at full turn stops.

The new 2010 Harley Forty Eight uses under bar mirror...maybe there are parts that will retrofit on your 883N...

tn145s3.jpg

barnak; whatever option you pursue - just do a clearance check before turning b/c you don't want the mirrors to becomer "tank denters." ;)

Hi Guys
I own a 2009, Nightster, I put my mirrors under the bars, just swap left to right, no problem. Actually can see better out of them this way, no shoulder in the way.
Enjoy :)

Tried it on my StreeBob a while back, no dice..

The mirrors don't clear the tank at full lock.. and I hate backpaddling when doing a u turn..

Thanks to all, no problem with the right side but on the left side, because of the clutch lever, it would'n clear the tank so I cut the tread portion of the mirror and welded it to the signal light part that wasn't needed anymore ( rod with ball end)that I also cut the tread part prior. paint it with spray paint, couldn`t tell it was modify works perfect, thanks

Thanks to all, no problem with the right side but on the left side, because of the clutch lever, it would'n clear the tank so I cut the tread portion of the mirror and welded it to the signal light part that wasn't needed anymore ( rod with ball end)that I also cut the tread part prior. paint it with spray paint, couldn`t tell it was modify works perfect, thanks

Take some photo's and let's see it.

Hobbit, I saw a Streetbob in Daytona with them flpped I had to do a double take on that one

No clearance issue because your bars are higher than the stock IRON 883, and that is the reason why I change them on my wife bike. I will come up with pics shortly.

Back