free website stats program Ultra will not start | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra will not start

BossMan

My 08 FLHTCU, suddenly decides it will not start unless it is in neutral. Just pulling in on the clutch won't do it. This started out of the blue one day. Has anyone else had this happen??:wall

Could be a bad interlock switch in the clutch handle or even a neutral switch itself. They had some problems with the earlier switches and I replaced 3 of them until they came out with the improved one.

Problem solved, its the clutch switch in the handle. It still works but I need to adjust it out some if possible.

It seemed as it was leaning that way. Also make sure to have the correct free play in the clutch handle using the cable adjuster and that the handle pivot point is greased too as well as the cable lubed. It sounds as if it could be part of the problem here.

Funny, for every new feature added, there are positives and negatives. My older bike has no "neutral safety switch", or clutch switch interlock. If you start the bike in gear without pulling the clutch in all the way, the starter has so much torque it can make lurch the bike forward easily...!

Puts new meaning the importance knowing your bike and going over all feature options in your manual periodically, with a minor brush up at the start of the riding season.

Back