free website stats program Ultra Switch replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Switch replacement

Who has the secret for changing the Switch cover of the Turn signals on the Ultra? changing out the stock black for 'plastic' chrome. all good with exception the bloody turn signals.

how do you get them out of the houseing properly?

tks

And don't forget the details like shimming the brake lever and loose copper wedge or errant parts popping out...don't ask me how I know...just make sure you have a clear area with clean shop floor :newsmile040:

Thanks people. all done .. all good. but i do have to say of any add ons thus far this way by far the most tedious (cuz i can't say what i wanna) job by far.

Thank you for showing restraint and patience...being successful means taking a deep breath (and a good brew afterwards) to appreciate the good job. Cheers! :cheers

No worries, things actually get easier and better as most other jobs do not have so many small parts and such, but now you know how important it is to prep and clean materials & area, "rehearse" the routine, before tackling the job on a Friday night so you have two full HD service days to accomplish a task...cause there always is that one part/gasket/fastener that you need to drop by for, and hopefully they'll have the parts (or your local auto parts or hardware store.

Last edited:
Back