free website stats program Ultra rear chain mod? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra rear chain mod?

Joe2007ultra

Ok I have just about had it with rear drive belts. Picked up a stone last fall and cut my belt . Changed forward and aft pulleys and belt this past winter. Now here's where the fun starts . 120 miles on new belt picked up another stone. I've just about had it with this belt stuff. Question is has anyone on here ever changed over to a chain drive? Honda and BMW are really starting to look good. I am a jet tech and I'm getting tired of turning wrenches all day and coming home and having to wrench some more on my relaxation toy.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely bad luck?
Never had a single issue with belt neither has anyone I know.
You ride a lot of gravel roads?

I haven't done it but a friend has. His was on a 2000 RK. Your problem might be with the rear pulley Isolator set up. You may want to check with Baker Transmission or Jim's to see what they offer.
tourbox

I haven't done it but a friend has. His was on a 2000 RK. Your problem might be with the rear pulley Isolator set up. You may want to check with Baker Transmission or Jim's to see what they offer.
tourbox
Thanks tour box. It is all new all stock. Pulleys belt isolator, straight from Moco. It's FOD damage. I can see where the stone got in the rear pulley valley and stayed there for a couple of cycles and then left the bike, actually think I herd it ding when it left. That's what made me look when I came back from the ride and found the marks in the belt.
WAP.gif

Did the stone break thru the belt? Curious, I have seen holes in belts give many extra miles, not saying I would do it tho these belts are pretty tough JMO

Joe2007ultra;what I was referring to with the isolator set up was different spacing arrangements by going to a sprocket set up.
tourbox

Back