free website stats program Ultra Classic Ride Quality | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Ride Quality

Drumrguy

Account Removed
My 05 Ultra Classic seems to ride alot harder than my 1996 Electra Glide did, Does anyone else feel their bike rides harsh, or have any ideas on what I should look at, BTW, I run about 15 pounds of air in the shocks.

I have no complaints with my 05 Ultras ride. run about the same air pressure as you! But after haveing many, many motor cycles over the years this was(and is ) my first Harley....so other than friend's bikes that I have riden briefly...I have nothing to compare it to.

I have a 09 Street Glide and run about 35 lbs in my shocks around town. Just me I am heavy about 250lbs. On trips I go up to 45lbs. I have a HD pump & have played with different lbs in my shocks. Just like exhausts everyone has a different opinion. Just watch what you use to fill the shocks with.

So I got on my bike today, I tried to sit on it and see if I could make the shocks move, and with only 12 pounds of air in the shocks it is like sitting on a rigid frame, they are really stiff. I think I need shocks!

I’m new to the HD scene. I have had my UC for a couple of months and my initial impression on the overall ride is that it is a bit stiff compared to other bikes I own. I’m still playing with the suspension set up. The ride is different but I’m getting use to it slowly.

My 05 Ultra Classic seems to ride alot harder than my 1996 Electra Glide did, Does anyone else feel their bike rides harsh, or have any ideas on what I should look at, BTW, I run about 15 pounds of air in the shocks.

don't know how much you weigh, but I weigh 155. running 12 in rear and 5 in front, this seems to work well even with the wife aboard, she is about 120.

I am about 190 and 05 no longer has front air, which I liked on my old one, think I am gonna get new shocks. The ones on the bike are stiff when I bounce the bike up and down.

After having the bike back at the shop, the G.M. rode it and was not happy with the ride, so they are putting new shocks on at no cost to me.. :bigsmiley24:

Hey Smitty, I agree but they are still sticking it to me on the idle problem, basically I gotta fix that one myself. But, just figured I would update this that they determined my shocks are shot. :newsmile055:

Hey Smitty, I agree but they are still sticking it to me on the idle problem, basically I gotta fix that one myself. But, just figured I would update this that they determined my shocks are shot. :newsmile055:

what was the cause of the failure , what did you replace them with , how much psi did the HD tech recommend ??

Back