free website stats program Tyre problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Tyre problem

caned1000

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a matched pair of tyres for my 07 night train. I don't want to replace them with originals as they're made of concrete. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As you can spell tyre correctly then perhaps you are this side of the pond i have just fitted some avon venom tyres to my softail got them here

Motorbike Tyres

Brian

Thanks for the welcome Jack, unfortunately I'm on the wetter side of the Atlantic.

Thanx for the suggestion Brian, unfortunately the 07 Night Train sports a 200 by 17 inch rear not covered by the Venom range. Hence my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't agree more Rancid, Metzeler,s certainly stick but they don't do a 200-55-17 which is standard on the 07 Night Train.
Guess I was wrong in my previous reply. Found a matched pair of sticky Metzeler M880 Marathons to run on. Nice one Rancid.

Hi T-Bones,I always felt secure on Metzeler's on my Japs just hadn't realised they did 'em that size for harley's. Not familiar with dyna beads, would you explain some more.
Cheers

Hi T-Bones,I always felt secure on Metzeler's on my Japs just hadn't realised they did 'em that size for harley's. Not familiar with dyna beads, would you explain some more.
Cheers

Just to let you know, Chopper who is a well respected member here sells them.

Guess I was wrong in my previous reply. Found a matched pair of sticky Metzeler M880 Marathons to run on. Nice one Rancid.

From what i have read from other members the Metzler tyre needs a wee bit more pressure than a stock tyre so best check their website for their recommended tyre pressures for your bike
Otherwise you may be running a bit soft

Brian

Back