free website stats program Tying a Bandana on your bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Tying a Bandana on your bike

Conde54

I see a lot of bikes around that have a Bandana tied to their bikes. I was wondering if there is a meaning behind it? A good place to tie it and how many guys have one tied to their bike?

i did at one time i was hopping people in cages would see the movement i attached it to rear of bike

I do not have one tied on my ride!But what a few of my buds say is just for looks. come in handy for a rag or a face cover in bad weather. Some others say it is for a fallen brother rider. So i guess that each one has its own story!!:newsmile04:

I thought a bandana, towel, shirt, or anything similar on a bike pulled over meant they were requesting assistance.

As far as having one tied on all the time, I haven't a clue, other than trying to be unique or expressive.

I've had a black & gray bandanna tied (unobtrusively) on the handlebars of my black and silver Dyna since I've had it. It's a handy rag for drips at gas up, big bug strikes, drying the seat after a shower or whatever. I thought tied on the grip and parked is "need assistance" I don't have one on my Electra bars because I keep it stuffed in the driver backrest slot.

Back in the day they were used to tie the parts back on that rattled loose and had fallen or were getting ready to fall off.

Bodeen

I rode with this ol' gal years ago and she had one tied to the handlebar of her bike. I think it was pink and it was in rembrance of her mom or sister who had died of cancer [I think].

It's so you can find your bike in a crowded parking lot!:bigsmiley20:

Thats an idea, a few years ago at Biketoberfest my wife and I came back out to the parking lot at Destination Daytona looking for a black Ultra among the 4000 other black Harleys, took us 15 minutes to find ours. :p

Back