free website stats program twist grip sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

twist grip sensor

mcbur1

On my 2008 electra glide the twist grip sensor sticks or does not twist smoothy. Is there a way to lubricate the twist grip sensor? I removed the grip and put wd-40 on it but it got a little worse.

You can try loosening the grip housing itself and moving it outboard on the handlebars a fraction of an inch at a time. This sometimes helps if the grip is actually binding a bit on the ends.

It wasen't the grip. It was the sensor spring itself. What I done was put fishing reel grease in around the sensor gear, and forced air into the gear and it greased the spring. Works fine now. Don't know why it was sticking. When washing the bike I only use water from the engine down. Use wet towel for the top of bike. Never seen rain yet, so bike is covered up in the garage.

No. once the sensor goes or does not operate right, you must replace it. At a cost of about $90.00 dollers.

On my 2008 electra glide the twist grip sensor sticks or does not twist smoothy. Is there a way to lubricate the twist grip sensor? I removed the grip and put wd-40 on it but it got a little worse.

Just wondering, how many miles were on your 08 when this problem occurred?

Thanks,

My bike started doing this last week (08 EGC w/38k), it started immediately after I let it sit outside thru a huge rainstorm. I had the handlebars all the way to the right where the throttle was pointing toward the ground. When I went to move the bike, water poured out of the right grip. After that, my throttle would stick and not return when I released it. Remove the sensor, more water and it's now starting to rust. Got a new one on order from Brandon Harley (104.00). gonna replace it rather than try and fix it.

My bike started doing this last week (08 EGC w/38k), it started immediately after I let it sit outside thru a huge rainstorm. I had the handlebars all the way to the right where the throttle was pointing toward the ground. When I went to move the bike, water poured out of the right grip. After that, my throttle would stick and not return when I released it. Remove the sensor, more water and it's now starting to rust. Got a new one on order from Brandon Harley (104.00). gonna replace it rather than try and fix it.

I have used WD-40 sprayed HEAVLY,,, as it removes Moisture and would have Prevented Rust...

JFI and Future reference...

signed....BUBBIE

Back