free website stats program Twin Cam Lifter Orientation | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin Cam Lifter Orientation

Hi All,

I'm in the process of replacing the cam chain tensioners on my 2005 Ultra. When I removed the cam plate one of the lifters fell out. I have magnetic lifter holders but one slipped out.

The lifter has an oil hole on one side. Can anyone tell me which way the hole should face. On my shovelhead the oil holes faced each other. I looked in the manual but could not find the orientation. The manual did say to be sure the anti-rotation pin was orientated so it fit into a flat on the top of the lifter. The problem is there are two flats opposite each other.

Thanks
Steve

You are correct on the Shovel lifters. The Evo's & TC's it doesn't matter as far as the hole facing. Mainly get placed back from where they came out of. Example Front Intake lifter back in Front Intake hole of the lifter block.
tourbox

Thanks ... I am in the process of replacing the cam chain tensioners. I have everything out of the cam chest. Old tensioner shoes were worn to the point they did not have many miles left (got about 20K miles out of the old ones). I think in the future I will replace every 10K or so.

I will post my thoughts on the job when finished. Thanks Again.

Steve

Thanks ... I am in the process of replacing the cam chain tensioners. I have everything out of the cam chest. Old tensioner shoes were worn to the point they did not have many miles left (got about 20K miles out of the old ones). I think in the future I will replace every 10K or so. Steve

Replace the OEM tensioner shoes with the CYCO shoes and check ever 20K-25K miles; save some money as well.:cool: Either flat, doesn't matter but it would be smart to orient the lifter in the bore so the roller is rotating in the same direction.;)

Back