free website stats program twin cam flywheels | Harley Davidson Forums

twin cam flywheels

Brutal FXDX

Im planning to redo my bottom end this winter. My wheels are already out of spec. .007" runout on pinion shaft. I have an 02 fxdx w/ 80k miles. The question i have is can you use flywheels from 03-06 tourin or fxd on a 99-02 by removing the inner race on the sprocket shaft. 99-02 flywheels used timken tapered left side bearing and in 03 they made it a roller bearing. I have takeoff 06 touring flywheels w/ 10 miles on em and i plan to balance, lighten,true and weld crankpin on them IF i can just pull the inner race off and install timkin brng. Any feedback? Thanks

Just looked through instructions for 34823-08 S.E. timken conversion tool and it says nothing about it. This tool is for 03 later bigtwin to convert roller to timken. And if you were reusing the flywheel you would have to remove the inner race for the roller bearing to install the timken, Right? Also i observed that the S.E. stroker flywheel assy is for 99-06 models, so it comes with a bare sprocket shaft for either timken or roller bearing. So i dont know if this answers my question or not.

Im planning to redo my bottom end this winter. My wheels are already out of spec. .007" runout on pinion shaft. I have an 02 fxdx w/ 80k miles. The question i have is can you use flywheels from 03-06 tourin or fxd on a 99-02 by removing the inner race on the sprocket shaft. 99-02 flywheels used timken tapered left side bearing and in 03 they made it a roller bearing. I have takeoff 06 touring flywheels w/ 10 miles on em and i plan to balance, lighten,true and weld crankpin on them IF i can just pull the inner race off and install timkin brng. Any feedback? Thanks

Dont kn:sow the answer to this one but I bet Chopper does

Back