free website stats program Turn Signal - Self-Cancelling | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signal - Self-Cancelling

ChopperDoc

I think this the forum that I read it on but I have seached and can't find the post.

Anyway, which wire do I cut to "stop" the self cancelling. My turn signals are acting up and I can't see $125.00 just to get the self cancelling working right so I want to cut it out and cancell them manually.

I have done this on my sportster it was the green wire going into the tsm i just removed it from the plug block
However all my bikes are cable driven speedo from the front wheel so all my books and info are for pre electronic speedo and the speedo sensor is what is used to cancel the indicator due to the distance travelled after it was initiated
would be best if you had a wiring diagram for your particular bike and identify which wire is used to for distance info to the tsm

Brian

Thank you for your post but I think I should wait and hear from someone with an electronic speedo.

By the way I forgot to mention that this is for a 2000 FLHTC and after reading over my post I should start using spell-check.

For some reason I have it stuck in my head that it said to cut the orange wire, but I think I will wait and get the correct info before I start cutting any wires. Plus orange is usually positive power and my memory is questionable at best.

You can usually pull and insulate the desired wire.
Just in case you get it wrong or want to return to stock.

Back