free website stats program Turn signal relocation street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn signal relocation street glide

bikerfishman

Awhile ago I bought some fairing lowers from a guy off of craigs list and did not know that the stock street glide front turn signals would hit the tops of the earlyer style fairing lowers (04 and previous lowers), which were the ones I bought.

So I found a used spot light bar and got creative. first I removed the outer fairing, unpluged the turn signal wires and removed the terminals from the conectors so I could slide the wires from the zip ties and get them through the holes of the new spot light bar.I used a small pick and it worked fine, but they make some over priced tools to do the same.

Then I removed the old stock turn signal brackets from the bike and seperated the turn signals from the bracket, (1 bolt holding them on to the bracket).

When installing them to the new light bar I used a longer bolt a oversized nylock as a spacer a lock washers and bigger washers since the holes in the light bar are bigger.

You dont see any of that stuff unless your lying on the groung any way.

Put every thing back together and wa-la heres what I got.

Plan on doing the whole spot light deal some day but this was cheap and no more rubbing of the turn signals.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 77
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 84
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 70
Necessity...the mother of invention. Looks mighty fine to me...and pretty much stock, so no big time mods to retrofit or repairs are ever needed (always look on the bright side).

Back