free website stats program Turn signal problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn signal problems

sbizkit38

I hope someone can help. I noticed that one of my relocated rear turn signals(throttle side) on my 08 Street Bob stopped working. So to check the bulb, I took it out of the housing, and switched sides to make sure it was the bulb. Well it wasn't the bulb because it blinked from the other side..So when I put a volt meter on it turned the key on, and depressed the blinker switch, to my surprise I am getting a pulse. So why then does the blinker not work? I have determined that the bulb is good and I am getting an electrical current to the housing. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.

I think what you missed might be the rules of the forum. I'm not a mod so I'll let them take care of business, but with a thread title like you've posted on here, you might not be around long enough to get any answers to your problem :p
Take a minute to read the rules that you agreed to. Yes, I know, we were actually supposed to read the rules and not just check the little box. :newsmile100:

My sincerest apology's to this forum and anyone who was offended by the title of my post....I learned something very useful in the process. " Dont post angry"...I am just at my wits end with this problem, and I came into the house and started typing after going over everything I could think of...in the hottest part of the day...I know "Boo Hoo", everyone has problems. I let my fingers go faster than my brain was working at the time I posted that title. Again, for what its worth...I do apologize.:bigsmiley15:

How about we spend as much time helping him with his problem. He has apologized and has been notified. There is no need to pile on at this point.

You said you used a volt meter when checking the socket. How did you ground the one side of the volt meter? If you grounded to the frame or the like. You may have found your problem. No ground at the socket.

A pulse is not enough.Do you have 12 volts at the bulb.You definitely want to check wiring and grounding.How about continuity check?Does the ground side of socket show 0 ohms?

How about we spend as much time helping him with his problem. He has apologized and has been notified. There is no need to pile on at this point.

Who is piling on??? I was just trying to help him out and let him know about the rules before he gets into some trouble here. Now that the title of this thread has been changed, feel free to delete my post, since it doesn't make much sense anymore.

I thank everyone who posted....I think Bodeen is on to something, I grounded the black lead to the frame. So I guess my next move is to test continuity. I bet it is a problem with the ground. I just got back from a power ride and I have to tell you that my thinking process is better now. going to start fresh after work tomorrow. Thanks again!

I thank everyone who posted....I think Bodeen is on to something, I grounded the black lead to the frame. So I guess my next move is to test continuity. I bet it is a problem with the ground. I just got back from a power ride and I have to tell you that my thinking process is better now. going to start fresh after work tomorrow. Thanks again!

Before opening up wiring harness be sure to check center of socket for proper operation.

i dont know alot about harley, but used to have a honda that did that to me and it was just the bulb that need to turn somehow to work, like try turn it 1/4 of turn and check then half turn. thats whar i find out after all the check that u did . but its honda :) lol.

Back