free website stats program Turn Signal issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signal issues

Turn signals quit working. Changed turn signal module, and no results. Hazards work, when I take out starter relay switch signals will work, when I turn key switch to accessories turn signals will work. But when Im riding or just sitting turn signals will not work. Help, where do I start?

Checked sensor, had some shavings on it, cleaned off but no luck.

Thanks, now to eliminate more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks, Ill order a new part. Whats funny is this all started after I washed my bike. And sometimes when I turn the signal on it has worked for a short time. On the left side.

Suspect water in the switch housings and try to dry them out first with some compressed air or a blow drier.

If it was the speed sensor wouldn't the speedo not work also? If it's just the turn signals I don't think the speed sensor would be the problem.

If it was the speed sensor wouldn't the speedo not work also? If it's just the turn signals I don't think the speed sensor would be the problem.

Your correct, I took it "they quit working" as not canceling, my mistake. Lack of input makes it difficult to diagnose.

Turn signals quit working. Changed turn signal module, and no results. Hazards work, when I take out starter relay switch signals will work, when I turn key switch to accessories turn signals will work. But when Im riding or just sitting turn signals will not work. Help, where do I start?

Have you taken your seat off to make sure your not pinching the turn signal wires between the SEAT and frame work ?

Back