free website stats program tuner questions | Harley Davidson Forums

tuner questions

I have an 08 fatboy with stage 1 intake and v&h longshots. I don't have a tuner and was wondering if anyone has used the RC components closed loop tuner? I hear many different opinions from techs, some say I need the tuner and others say I don't. If anyone has one 0f these tuners let me know.

I just installed a Gen-3 tuner from DoBeck on my '04 Heritage. It makes quite a difference. Better idle, better torque on accelleration, cooler engine temps and easy to install. In my opinion, you can't go wrong by installing one. My bike is stage one.

I put the Gen 3 on my 2013 heritage and am EXTREMELY pleased with it. It is very tuneable and Dobeck even called me after a while and checked to see if I was happy with it.

Allow me to add my voice in support of the Doebeck. I put a Gen 3 on my 2012 Heritage, and it made a big difference. It's easy to install and configure, and the price is right. You can get a discount simply because you're a member of this forum. As a vet, I got an even better one. It'd be worth your while to give Doebeck a look.

Thanks for letting me know. I forgot to mention that at WOT I get some pinging, especially if the weather is hot. Will this Dobeck tuner help with that. Are these closed loop, or do I have to get the bike dynoed?

Glad you posted this, I am in the same process choosing pipes. What I would like to know is with any of these different tuners how do you know what afr you are getting when you make the adjustments?

I have read through many reviews and many of the product write ups. I never see a number to tell me what afr I will achieve. Right now I am running XIEDS but I do see some blue on my back pipe. That tells me that maybe these are doing all they should be to enrich the mixture. I am ready to buy but don't want to waste my money.

Back