free website stats program tubeless wheel is still leaking air. anyone help?? | Harley Davidson Forums

tubeless wheel is still leaking air. anyone help??

brandon

My front 21x2.15 tubeless fat spoke wheel is still leaking air at multiple spokes. I have marked the leaks, siliconed them, returned to the shop to mount the tire only to find a new leak somewhere else which was previously sealed. So I'm thinking the leaks are being caused by the tire machine when the tire is being installed. I cant run a tube because a standard valve stem wont fit. I also can't keep applying more and more silicone because I'll lose the drop in the center of the wheel for applying the tire. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

thanks for the link, that shop is less than 30 minutes from my house so I'll be giving them a call on Monday. Hopefully they will solve my problem. And if anyone is interested in purchasing products from DNA, I dont recommend it. Customer service is terrible and the people at the front desk are very rude and snobby. You get what you pay for with this company. They forgot to seal my wheel then charged me to have it sealed, when i told them it didnt seal they said they did what they could and thats that.

being a Darksider, I'd gotten the notion to seal my spokers and go tubeless.
Following a lead on the DS forums, I got some GM5000 marine sealant, which requires 7 DAYS CURE to fully set. I had a club run coming up and had to split in 2 days, it FELT okay, but ONE SPOKE leaked. Then I spent near a half hour just trying to separate some of it from my workbench where it spilled. Apparently, it turns (eventually) to nearly tire rubber. Others, who waited the term, have been running tubeless ever since.
I still dunno how they will EVER readjust their spokes when the time comes; that's all under hard rubber.
I had problems breaking spokes while pulling loaded camp trailers at speed (we don't slow for squat), so went to Fatboy wheels, which I totally love to the grave.

Back