free website stats program TT410 | Harley Davidson Forums

TT410

--Bonez--

Ok guys I find myself back here on the forums to find some answers and advice. All summer I've been having an annoying problem with my bike at times stalling out at stop lights, stop signs and even when making a turn onto other streets with clutch pulled in to downshift... Now, this only happens randomly and I can usually tell when it's going to do this by the low idle it does before coming to a stop.! To counteract this from happening I must keep the RPMs up a bit to keep it from dieing out! I've done heavy research and have found this to happen with 07 models in particular due to a "recall" that (harley wouldn't call it that because then they couldn't charge for the repair) it's called TT410 and this is an update supposedly needed to be done on the ECM for 07 models... Has anyone on here ever heard of this update? I also was told speed sensor and of course I replaced that and it didn't fix the problem... Anyway the symptoms I found that was listed in the TT410 are as followed: low idle, high idle, return to idle stalling... Has anyone had this problem

Do you have a copy of TT410?
If so, have you implemented it?
If not, do you want/need a copy?

Also, Roadking’s advice is pretty good and sound. Ensure you use a THROTTLE BODY CLEANER. Not carb cleaner.
Google how to clean Harley IAC and you’ll see it be easy.

My '07 (and several friends) had the stalling problem due to dirty IAC passage. We did the carb cleaner spray thru the orifice that fixed it temporarily. Most of us fixed it permanently by venting the crankcase hoses to the atmosphere rather than the throttle body.

I've done the IAC cleaning and the crankcase hoses are already vented to the atmosphere and still this happens randomly! Like yesterday I rode for an hour or more and it ran like it supposed to... I called the 2 best harley repair shops in my city but both shops are closed due to freakin covid! If I can find a repair shop that's heard of the TT410 update then I believe that will be the permanent fix...

Breeze3at has your back on this one. My softail is a 08 any maybe the problems were fixed by then but I did mine anyway, routing the crankcase hoses thru a "t" fitting and then to a tube out to the frame bottom tied off with an tie wrap. have never had an issue.

Also, Roadking’s advice is pretty good and sound. Ensure you use a THROTTLE BODY CLEANER. Not carb cleaner.
Already done that..

I do not have a copy of the TT410 and yes I would like to have a copy

Last edited by a moderator:
On my 03 RKC I had the exact problem.
Almost everyday at the same right hand slow speed turn.
After cleaner IAC and throttle plate didn't help I decided to start looking at electrical connectors, do to being such a lucky guy I stated with the ignition switch.
As I lifted up the aprin the wires to the switch fell off.
I checked both switch contacts and the connector for corrosion, added dielectric grease and plugged it back onto the switch.
Never had the problem again.

On my 03 RKC I had the exact problem.
Almost everyday at the same right hand slow speed turn.
After cleaner IAC and throttle plate didn't help I decided to start looking at electrical connectors, do to being such a lucky guy I stated with the ignition switch.
As I lifted up the aprin the wires to the switch fell off.
I checked both switch contacts and the connector for corrosion, added dielectric grease and plugged it back onto the switch.
Never had the problem again.
Hum...? That's something i haven't checked but will defiantly take a look but knowing me that's probably not the fix lol but ill check it anyways! Thanks man

Back