free website stats program TSSM Trouble | Harley Davidson Forums

TSSM Trouble

90FXRS

Contributor
After looking through the tips section and not finding an answer I thought I'd post this here. I've installed the right TSSM for the softail and programmed the fob and personal password. Both fob and password work to arm and disarm the system. There are no trouble codes......here's the issue:

After I disarm the system and try to start the bike it will briefly start then immediately stall. Any ideas why?

I've put the old TSM back into it so I can ride. Security is not a big issue because I figure the bike is kept in a locked garage and I always lock the forks and ignition when I'm out.

It sounds like the password did not take for some reason. A while back, I read when the password is not learned, it will start then die. At least that is the case since 2006 and later. Don't know if that holds true to earlier bikes but my guess is that it does.

I went through the "marrying" process. May have to do it again. I went through the entire process one time without any problems.

I went through the "marrying" process. May have to do it again. I went through the entire process one time without any problems.

Good luck dont let the battery run down on you:s

I thought about that ahead of time. I'm running an 80/100 bulb and figured I better hook up a charger while doing it. Seems like if the "marrying" didn't take place properly I wouldn't be able to program the fob and password.
Good luck dont let the battery run down on you:s

I thought about that ahead of time. I'm running an 80/100 bulb and figured I better hook up a charger while doing it. Seems like if the "marrying" didn't take place properly I wouldn't be able to program the fob and password.

Now you should be good to go let us know:s

I'm going to run up here to the RBC.....recreational beverage center, then try the matrimonial process again. Wonder if I'll have to redo the fob and password.

After the initial hit and it runs the first "learn" you're suppose to turn the ignition switch off-on "quickly"......what is quickly? Says not to let the ecm shut down. How long does it stay on before it shuts down?

Back