free website stats program trust you guys | Harley Davidson Forums

trust you guys

ruley007

Thought I'd ask here first. Just got my 08 heritage back from its 5000mi service. Right away I noticed shifting was amazingly smoother, but now it seems like it lost the getup and go it had in 5th and 6th gear. Before when cruising at 60 or so I could twist the throttle and get 20mph more right now. Now after the service its not there. Work order states air filter and spark plugs as only engine work. Any input would be greatly appreciated,thanks Ruley

Thought I'd ask here first. Just got my 08 heritage back from its 5000mi service. Right away I noticed shifting was amazingly smoother, but now it seems like it lost the getup and go it had in 5th and 6th gear. Before when cruising at 60 or so I could twist the throttle and get 20mph more right now. Now after the service its not there. Work order states air filter and spark plugs as only engine work. Any input would be greatly appreciated,thanks Ruley

Pull the plugs and check airfilter. They may or may not have been replaced

When I was looking to purchase Pooles gave me the cold shoulder,like they thought I was a street urchin.I will never go back there!!

I gained 20 pounds over the holidays and had the same issue this spring Ha Ha. Seriously though, Get a K&N Filter and some NGK Plugs, it made my GF's 2008 Dyna hop like a Mexican jumping bean. She looses us on the highway with a quick twist all the time. Darn 6 speed gear box and big 96'r, she always gets the good stuff. She also weighs only a 114 pounds.

Last edited:
When I was looking to purchase Pooles gave me the cold shoulder,like they thought I was a street urchin.I will never go back there!!

They do that to everyone. They only have 1 full time and one part time guy that sells and if neither are there, you end up looking like a street urchin.

As I said before, they are expensive, but with the excellent advise I have gained from this site I feel confident enough to know if I get taken or not.

Hey they know me so well now , that they installed an ATM machine.

Sure, I trust my dealer. Poole's is expensive but they do excellent work. Its others I dont trust.

Did Poole's perform any recall work? I learned from experience that they just go ahead and do this without clearing with the customer first. And I am glad that you have had a good experience with them but I don't trust Poole's service dept at all. Read my post on hesistation, backfiring, etc. - bike ran perfect before going in, and that was after what what supposed to be a simply safety cert. which took them 3 weeks to do... normally a safety should be same day! Bike went back 3 times thereafter and they still could not fix the problem that they created, and of course they gave me the deer in headlights response that they could not find any problem with the way it ran. What load of baloney. I eventually had to replace my carb with a Mikuni HS and I did that myself, the only person I trust. Poole's lost me as a customer but Claire's Niagara-On-The-Lake gained my business and is the best service dept that I have seen by far, they went over and above my expectations and Jacox seems very good but I have never taken my bike there for any work. The don't call them stealers for nuthin' but when under those rare circumstances when you absolutely can't fix it yourself sometimes you are left with no choice!

Back