free website stats program True Track?? FXDWG feels like it flexs in corners. | Harley Davidson Forums

True Track?? FXDWG feels like it flexs in corners.

Les Covington

Hello fello Dyna riders. I have a 06 Wide Glide. Sometimes when I ride hard through corners and hit dips it feels like the swingarm is flexing or shifting. Is this the front rubber motormount flexing? Should I replace the rubber with a hard mount? I have heard horror stories about front motor mounts breaking and causing accidents. I'm not really concerned about vibrations if a hard mount is advised, and I'm not sure if I want a true track system on the bike.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thxs, Les

The true track is mostly for baggers even though the swing arm is solidly mounted to the frame unlike the Dyna line where it is mounted to the rear of the trans. and in turn is mounted through the engine mounts to the frame.

I don't think they even make a true track for the dynas.

Hello fello Dyna riders. I have a 06 Wide Glide. Sometimes when I ride hard through corners and hit dips it feels like the swingarm is flexing or shifting. Is this the front rubber motormount flexing? Should I replace the rubber with a hard mount? I have heard horror stories about front motor mounts breaking and causing accidents. I'm not really concerned about vibrations if a hard mount is advised, and I'm not sure if I want a true track system on the bike.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thxs, Les

Les,

Here are links to the True Track site:

TRUE-TRACK PURCHASE
TRUE-TRACK DYNA

They do have a system for the Dynas from 1994 on (not sure what I am gonna do about my '91!!), although I have never seen one. I have the Touring Bike version on my '03 UC and really believe in it.

TQ

Back