free website stats program True or rumor ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

True or rumor ??

I read that these MODELS DISCONTINUED IN 2010MY
FLHT, FLTR, FXSTB, FXCW, FXDL, XL883C . Can anyone confirm?

i bought the standard because of the price but also preferred the gray engine (i thought i read somewhere it was powdercoated but i think it was glider said it's regular paint) and also the extra chrome bag guards and fender rails was too much for my taste. i never thought i'd like a radio but now i'm looking for something to put in it. still spending way less than a flhtc.:reyes

I am surprised that the Standard is being dropped in favor of the already loaded bikes that don't always contain the right combinations of styling and features. The Standard allows the buyer to choose a combination of styling and features that becomes their own.

harley@16, The Standard's engine is silver powder-coated. It says this on the HD web site.

IMO the price of the Standard is right for a bike that has the baseline of the EG styling. It is a blank canvas that awaits your own styling.

I agree with you harley@16 that the chrome bag guards on the Classic are not for me. Also the white-walled tires are not for me.

I like that the STD comes with spot/fog lamps.

As far as a radio, you can have a very capable radio that has XM for much less. Radio harness and controls are also already provisioned on the bike for a plug and play installation.

Less money spent up front that saves you more for other styling and personel accents.

that's exactly my opinion. i was delighted to find that there was a bike that i could build on without taking something off that i didn't like. besides i like the more plain look of the standard. the one thing i did change was the tank emblem. i really like the street glide emblem so i had a repainted the tank and put them on.

Wow They are ending the FLHT. I have the 2005 Version. Hummm Maybe I will hold on to mine then. It just might be worth something..:newsmile108:

Back