free website stats program True duals better sound? How? Why? | Harley Davidson Forums

True duals better sound? How? Why?

ocezam

Lets not waste time with the torque loss debate here. I've heard it. I've seen the dyno sheets. I understand fuel scavenging. I'd simply like to hear from owners or fans on HOW they sound better. Has anyone heard the same bike with the same mufflers with stock and then true duals head pipes? How do they differ?

It is hard to put a sound into words. A true duel exhaust system just has a better sound then a stock system with or a system with slip on mufflers.

Had Vance & Hines mufflers for a while. Finally scrounged up enough money for tru duals. Bought some V & H tru duals. Put them on and WOW!! What a difference. They were not really that much louder, (a little but not much) but the sound of each cylinder firing and hearing it on each side of the bike is awesome. I think it was worth the money for that real potato, potato sound we all crave!!! Just my 2 cents worth. Happy trails...

Lets not waste time with the torque loss debate here. I've heard it. I've seen the dyno sheets. I understand fuel scavenging. I'd simply like to hear from owners or fans on HOW they sound better. Has anyone heard the same bike with the same mufflers with stock and then true duals head pipes? How do they differ?

Going True Duels,You have Eliminated the 2 into one with the CAN muffler on the left....

Going One to One back on Each Separate cylinder is a BIG sound difference Eliminating the Tinny sound from the left Resonator box...

I kept my under cross-over system and put a FULL Sized slip-on on the Left side TOO... Now, Mine is MUCH different(better) than the stock sound BUT NOT as good as the true duels Sound...

signed....BUBBIE

I went with V&H true duels with V&H slip-ons on my 09 RG but I also had SE211 cams installed at the same time and what a difference in not only the sound but of course the performance. I resisted putting cams in the bike until a buddy of mine did and now I am glad I made the change.

Dyno - 92Hp and 105 ftlbs......

Samson step true duals, Dobeck tuner & KN filter. sounds better and seat of the pants feels better. I too like to hear the sound on each side:small3d026:

TD's give you the THD sound...separate pipe per/cyl = "potato-potato"...:D

I had stock 2-1 header w/Rinehart pipes on my 09 & it was OK, but wanted deeper & tad louder. Went w/Bub-7 TD's and it's definitely a different audible - sweet & low...just the way I like it.

I've been mulling it over from time to time and I guess it was only a matter of time before I would see one more TD thread. Now I want True Duals. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY !!!:newsmile017:

Hey...I have to blame somebody !! Now that that's out'a the way I'm leaning towards the V&H Dressers (I have their slip-ons), Any tips to pass on ??
SC

I've been mulling it over from time to time and I guess it was only a matter of time before I would see one more TD thread. Now I want True Duals. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY !!!:newsmile017:

Hey...I have to blame somebody !! Now that that's out'a the way I'm leaning towards the V&H Dressers (I have their slip-ons), Any tips to pass on ??
SC

Mine are still in transit so I can't comment on them first hand, but I purchased Rush TD's because they are ceramic coated inside and out. They claim a 300 degree drop in temp radiating off the headers. This should keep both the motor and me somewhat cooler.

Back