free website stats program true dual or not true dual. | Harley Davidson Forums

true dual or not true dual.

Aside from the cooler right cheek, what are the pros and cons of true duals on an '05 FLHRi? I picked it used and know it hasS&S gear drive cams (went to inspect the tensioners and found gears!!),but I haven't got the info the cams from the previous owner yet. Also SE air cleaner and stage one with under sized comp sproket. Are there issues with unequal back pressure? do you lose or gain on HP and torque? I'm considering going to true duals and wonder if they are really worth the bother.

Some say you lose some low end torque with the true duals. I'm not sure what the numbers are. I like my Rineharts and would keep them over the little torque I may gain by not having them IMO.

Bodeen

You loose a bit of low end torque like Bodeen said mainly because of the loss of the scavenging action of the cross over pipe.

I like my V&H duals, but from the seat of the pants, I feel I lost a little bottom end (prob due to my choice of the 4" mufflers and 2" baffle), but it's so smooth and the heat on the right side is completly gone. Overall, satified.

Enjoy!

I don't feel any differenbce in the lower end and there seems to be a definate upper end surge. With heat reduction, sound and lack of any noticeable low-end loss, I will never go back to the crossover. I hear the argument about 2 into 1 but I love the twin look and sound.

On my 09 FLHR, I went with V&H slip-ons but went with BOTH sides of the slip-ons of equal size like you would on true-duels... The sound is great,, Low and throaty...

I didn't want to go true duels and saved my crossover doing it this way.

LIKE the fuller sound of both being of equal size... Loss of Torque is Not noticed... True duels are supposed to Lower the ability of the scavenging like ? glider said.

With SE air and the TFI using SE 255's cams,,,, Nice combination....

signed....BUBBIE

Some say you lose some low end torque with the true duals. I'm not sure what the numbers are. I like my Rineharts and would keep them over the little torque I may gain by not having them IMO.

Bodeen

+1 -- I love the sound and look of my Rineharts. Can't imagine that small torque differential would make me want to get something different.

Got a 99 police RK with screamin eagle heads and 203 cams, Ive cracked the Y pipe twice!! Im going to go with the true duals just for that reason, I want to keep the dual look, sounds like there is some differing opinions on the loss of low end torque. I guess Ill find out for myself

Has anyone cut their crossover pipe and plugged it with frost plugs. What did you notice. Did you get the sound you wanted.
Ken

Back