free website stats program True Dual Exhaust - Power Comander | Harley Davidson Forums

True Dual Exhaust - Power Comander

thomas123

I want to put on a true dual exhaust but am told I need a power comander first. Then I am told - they dont work with a 2000 Road Glide. Any one else have thought on this subject. or experience. Thanks

I want to put on a true dual exhaust but am told I need a power comander first. Then I am told - they dont work with a 2000 Road Glide. Any one else have thought on this subject. or experience. Thanks

Power Commanders work on 1999 and up. If your just putting true duals on and NOT putting a stage 1 A/C (or any free flowing air cleaner), than you probably don't need any tuner to offset the AFR. But, if you change pipes and A/C, than you probably should have something to help richen the AFR.

thomas123; if you're going w/true duals - it might be best to at least get a TFI so you have ability to fine tune the change in exhaust flow. Dual headers will affect the engine more than just replacing slip-on mufflers & you'll also be ready for the next performance UG (i.e. air). Dobeck Performance does make one for your bike & you can call them for info. Go to their website @ EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft & take a look.

+1 on what Iceman said. The TFI is the easiest fuel management to use for air cleaner and pipes upgrade.

Thorns

Back