free website stats program Truck-Lite LED 27270C | Harley Davidson Forums

Truck-Lite LED 27270C

Bikergeek

Has anyone used the Truck-Lite 27270C headlight for their 2014 Rushmore bike?

I am considering this LED but I need to know if it will fit into the stock headlight ring of the 2014 models without any modifications. Will this be a "plug and play" installation?

If anyone has been using this model, can you provide a quick review on its' performance.

Ah...I think maybe what dbmg is getting at is that if you have a 2014 Rushmore bike, the factory headlight assembly is a LED.

Ah...I think maybe what dbmg is getting at is that if you have a 2014 Rushmore bike, the factory headlight assembly is a LED.

No, neg-a-tive! My 2014 Street Glide (FLHX) comes with the dual halogen lights, not the LED. This is the stock setup for the FLHX and the FLHXS.

Those that spend the extra bucks on the Special (FLHXS) probably spend extra and get the Daymaker LED.

I guess I'm confused. I thought the Daymaker LED was part of the Rushmore project. Learn something new every day.

dbmg,

Just because one guy here had a bad experience with the light doesn't mean that all Truck-Lite Phase 7 LEDs are bad.

On some of the other HD forums (for which I am a member), members there that have these lights have been very satisfied with the Phase 7. Not only have they been happy with it, they added the matching driving lights to go with it.

My attitude is...if the majority is satisfied, then it can't be all bad. I am starting to consider this as my alternative to the stock halogen bulbs.

I guess I'm confused. I thought the Daymaker LED was part of the Rushmore project. Learn something new every day.

I thought the same thing. That all the new Rushmore bikes had the Daymaker LED's. I'd like to have them on my 2013, but $1,000 for 3 light bulbs just seems wrong to me :(

With the Daymaker headlight,You will find that the upper most lighted area is a straight line and if You are driving in rural areas and make turns the angle of the beam does not light the road as You would expect.I almost wish that I could go back to halogen.:(

With the Daymaker headlight,You will find that the upper most lighted area is a straight line and if You are driving in rural areas and make turns the angle of the beam does not light the road as You would expect.I almost wish that I could go back to halogen.:(

You're the first person I've heard from that wasn't very happy with the daymakers. But I know what you're saying about the straight line lighting. My new Challenger is the same way. On dark twisty roads, the lights project straight ahead, but if you're turning, its kinda dark on the sides until the lights point in that direction. I think its because the headlights are recessed into the grill further and the sides get blocked out.

Back