free website stats program Trouble removing wires from harness..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Trouble removing wires from harness.....

flipper

Account Removed
I know this is probably silly and an old question, but how do you get the wires out of the wiring harness? I am trying to install a sissy bar brake lamp. I have tried pushing from the front with a small screwdriver, as well as using a paper clip and a dental pick. They won't budge.

You need to supply a little more info to what you are refering to. You can take off your seeat should be able to tap into them there.

Oh I have the seat off and have disconnected the main harness from the tail light harness. Now my instructions are to remove the black, blue, and red/yellow wires with their pins from the tail light harness unit...

I'll try harder next time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, there are little barbs that keep them in the plugs. They can be real bears or come right out. Once you get one out look at it closley and you will know where to put in the needle or such to depress the barb to get it out.

Well, I'm not having much luck, even with the diagram. No matter where I try to slide the little screwdriver, I can't seem to manage to trip the barb (tang). I'm tearing up the connector box and the terminals on the wire ends in my efforts.......

One of thess works pretty well too.

LislepintoolCC310491995.jpg

Lisle Electrical Pin Removal Tool

Last edited:
Back