free website stats program Trip to Smokey Mountains | Harley Davidson Forums

Trip to Smokey Mountains

patrick33

Here's a couple of pics from our trip to the smokey mountains. We had great weather. Hope to go back in September.:bigsmiley11:

Attachments

• SANY0071.jpg
    SANY0071.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 84
  • SANY0067.jpg
    SANY0067.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for sharing. Glad you had good weather, the Smokies are some of the most beautiful areas in the U.S.

Thanks for sharing.I really like the Smokey mountains.My favourite area is the pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg section.

Leaving next month from PA to ride down thru VA on Skyline Drive then on to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking to ride the Dragon for the first time. Any suggestions as to other runs?

Thanks in advance,

Chrome Pony

We have been to the Dragon. Will go back again in September. Only about 60 miles from Cherokee. We also went through Cades Cove Tennessee. Very nice area, but traffic is very slow in the park. Had to stop several times to keep bike cool.

Leaving next month from PA to ride down thru VA on Skyline Drive then on to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking to ride the Dragon for the first time. Any suggestions as to other runs?

Thanks in advance,

Chrome Pony

I like the Cherohala Skyway better than the Dragon. Longer, more scenic, more relaxing, and a great little coffee/sandwich shop in Tellico Plains at the west end.

Cherohala Skyway, mile high legend from Robbinsville NC to Tellico Plains TN

Tellico Grains Bakery of Tellico Plains Tennessee

Thanks Dr.Dolittle. On my to do list. A few more pics for you all to enjoy.

Attachments

• SANY0225-1.jpg
    SANY0225-1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 51
  • SANY0199-1.jpg
    SANY0199-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 51
  • SANY0159-1.jpg
    SANY0159-1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SANY0112.jpg
    SANY0112.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SANY0118-1.jpg
    SANY0118-1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 45
I agree with Dr. Dolittle about Cherohala Skyway. I'm from Knoxville and rode the Dragon once and came back on the skyway and enjoyed it alot better then the Dragon. Make sure you have your camera with you because the scenery is wonderful. Its almost a mile high at the top so make sure you bring your jacket. alot of pull offs to take pics and enjoy the peace and quite.

Thanks for the pics Patrick. My family and I were in Gatlinburg for the first time last year on vacation and fell in love with Smokey Mountains. Unfortunately not on the bike. I'm looking forward to when we can get back on the bike.

Back