free website stats program Trike Reliability | Harley Davidson Forums

Trike Reliability

I've had my triglide for about 9 months now and no major problems so far. Have ov 10000 miles on it. Went to Sturgis form Oregon and back and no problems at all. I do like the way it rides and handles on the road. I have a fat boy also and they are both fun to ride.

I looked at that Triglide,how does it ride?
I've had my triglide for about 9 months now and no major problems so far. Have ov 10000 miles on it. Went to Sturgis form Oregon and back and no problems at all. I do like the way it rides and handles on the road. I have a fat boy also and they are both fun to ride.

If you read my Posting, my only complaint is the Heat off the motor (103cc) on my 2010 Triglide. Wouldn't mind at all if HD would go to a Independent suspension also. I know Honda has all of this covered but I am not a Honda guy yet!

No issues-Trip from Ohio to Sturgis to Yellowstone to Glacier to Jackson Hole to southern Colorado and back. Many elevations, good roads, bad roads, used 1/2 quart oil. Biggest benefit for this 60+ yr old was I could ride longer and safer
AJ

If you read my Posting, my only complaint is the Heat off the motor (103cc) on my 2010 Triglide. Wouldn't mind at all if HD would go to a Independent suspension also. I know Honda has all of this covered but I am not a Honda guy yet!

Ive the DFT independent rear in mine. Ive also reduced the heat problem on my trike as well and the engine I have in my trike is bigger than your 103. Mines a 113.

zoood/RJ

I know, Exhaust,no Cat,Big Sucker AC,and a Good Tuner ! that's getting rid of the HEAT problem.:s:newsmile071::D

I know, Exhaust,no Cat,Big Sucker AC,and a Good Tuner ! that's getting rid of the HEAT problem.:s:newsmile071::D
Well that's one way tho it is the expensive way and even so all you actually did was cool the engine down a little bit. But not enough that it is truly comfortable for the rider. Especially in stop and go traffic.

What I did is I added a product that I manufacture. Its better made and works better than the mid frame air deflectors that come stock on the Tri-Glides. No More Fried Thighs
I also added a 10 row oil cooler by Jagg. Which has a thermo controlled fan that comes on at 150 degrees and pulls air through the cooler, expelling it down and under the engine. When I'm traveling at 65 - 70 mph and on a day that is 90 degrees out. I have a Dakota digital oil temperature gauge so I can see exactly what my oil temperature is before it passes through the oil cooler. I'm operating at a temperature between 190 to 202. I dont have a cat in my exhaust. Especially since I built my trike. But it is a 113 Ultima which is 1851cc. Cooling your engine down by what you posted is the expensive way. But lets be clear on something that is over looked quite a bit. The rear cylinder is the source of the excruciating heat that will bubble your flesh and with all those add ons that you posted. That rear cylinder will never run cooler than 120 degrees. This temperature, 120 degrees is the temperature that 2nd degree burns start at. This is what my product was designed to protect you from and at the same time blend in with the looks of the trike or bike depending on the application. On trikes we have to deal with "back draft". The heat off the engine comes in contact with the trikes body on both sides of the rider. When the heat makes contact, it is forced upwards. The "back draft" that the trikes body causes then sends the heat forward. This causes a constant heat bubble on each side of the rider. The constant heat bubble effect and the constant addition of heat from the engine is why we find the Trikes to be so darn HOT.

zoood/RJ

Back