free website stats program Tricky road or bad riders? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tricky road or bad riders?

YnotBiker

This article shows a video collection of wipe-outs on a popular road just north of Los Angeles. A sharp turn, uneven surface, no shoulder, and rocks on the road make this spot a trap. When I rode on this turn last summer, there had just been an accident and people were yelling at us to slow down.

The LA Road That Tricks Bad Motorcyclists Into Crashing | Autopia | Wired.com

I watched for a long time, trying to figure out why each rider went down. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but some motorcycles looked totaled.

:44:

That's crazy, the bend doesn't appear to be too difficult must be rider error,maybe playing to spectators?

looking at the surface but it looks like its off camber as well or has negative camber as the one vide the bike was sliding away under a steady throttle which is not good and the bumps and surface imperfections would have you off in seconds, there are a quite a few off camber bends round here and we try to avoid them as you think your not far enough over to make the bend so you correct and either touch down or lose contact and bingo your off and become a stat

Appears the be excess speed to me. Only saw one speed limit sign and it was 15mph. Now who goes 15mph around any turn? They put those suggestions up for a reason. You know everyone tries to go 10 to 30 over that. 10 is almost always okay but this one it would appear even that would be questionable. Rough surface, off camber and excess speed would be three strikes and you're out!:small3d005:

I would think that if the posted speed limit is 15 mph then there is a serious problem with the way the road has been built

Brian

There's a photographer there that takes pictures like they do on the Dragon. He also shoots video and you can find his videos on Youtube. I think a lot of it is showing off for the camera, they let their guard down and wham! Down they go. It's pretty amusing to watch some of them.

There's a photographer there that takes pictures like they do on the Dragon. He also shoots video and you can find his videos on Youtube. I think a lot of it is showing off for the camera, they let their guard down and wham! Down they go. It's pretty amusing to watch some of them.

Has anyone ever told you that you have a very warped sense of humor???
(well, join the crowd) :D

That's EXACTLY what I think too.

I have often watched this photographer's clips on Youtube, and have always felt that most Riders played it up for the Camera.

This guy has been setting up on this particular corner for years and most riders would know that.

Back