free website stats program tri-glide recall, and pod lights | Harley Davidson Forums

tri-glide recall, and pod lights

cidl

howdy, i just received a recall notice for fuel tank front mounts. it's in the teens and snowing, so impossible for me to ride the 60 miles for repair. i also just purchased a pod light kit and need advice on placement of the lights? and i would like to install these while i'm waiting for weather to cooperate. does anyone know if i should wait (or not) to install before having repairs made. and could you give me some direction on the placement of pods. thanks, cid

I thought Harley built the tri-glide so you could ride in the snow:rofl I like to install the pods inside the horn cover and inside the air cleaner cover if a screamin eagle A/C is on the bike. Under the tank is a given. Any place there's chrome. I like it when people look at the bike and ask where the lights are coming from. If they can't find the lights, that's custom. The pods have short leads with plugs, so can unplug them when you need to take the A/C or fuel tank off.

man, y'all are hard core; why is it ur sitting at ur puters and not out riding? for me, no thanks, i have the convenience of a cage for snow, and save the ride for "total" freedom. and chopper, thanx for the pod comments.

howdy, i just received a recall notice for fuel tank front mounts. it's in the teens and snowing, so impossible for me to ride the 60 miles for repair. i also just purchased a pod light kit and need advice on placement of the lights? and i would like to install these while i'm waiting for weather to cooperate. does anyone know if i should wait (or not) to install before having repairs made. and could you give me some direction on the placement of pods. thanks, cid

Does the recall have a expiration date on it? first warm day, go for it and get it to the dealer for the fix. tough call on the light kit - put them on now and run the risk of a tech / service guy knocking them about. or trying to give ya flack about how it will " void your warranty"!!!

that's cool, my chains' been yanked for as many yrs as i've know bikers--5+ decades. I actually used to ride in the snow also--many decades ago. that's why i'm on a trike, i've lost the stamina and body mass for 2 wheels. but bring on warm temps and i'll be cruisin. as far as hd not supplying u.k. w/ trikes, they aren't able to meet the demand here in the states. a lot of us old timers have found new freedom. my old man called me some choice names when i told him i was selling my street glide for the tri-glide, after 2 rides, he put in an order for his!

thought u mite be interested to know; the tri-glide is a different kind of ride if ur used to aggressive riding. i've been told ur roads are winding and not straight. there is no leaning on this bike; it's all push and pull w/ ur arms. i'm surrounded by back country roads w/ hi centers. my first ride, was to say the least a bummer. i was going down the road tilted (no leaning)--it all comes to bear w/ time. however, the hiway and open road--now that's a blast. i haven't had a chance to really open it up, but at 90 it's a smooth enjoyable ride.

don't know ur capabilities and can only wish u good luck and good riding; i'm not strong enough (115 lbs on a good day) or capable enough to power slide this beast at all. and after the soft tail this is a beast to me. but u put a smile on my face thinkin of the power slide.

cid Don't know if you do this but I lock the opposite elbow from the direction you are turning and just pull it through with the other!!

howdy sprinkman, are u talking about power sliding thru curves? i'm a pretty small gal, so u can bet my opposite elbow is locked in curves.

by the way sprinkman, have u any info on the tank mount recall?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back