free website stats program Transmission Pulley | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Pulley

kevineng

Im looking at replacing my stock transmission pulley with a higher number of teeth pulley (stock is 32 I think, I want 34 to lower RPM's on highway) has anyone done this? Pros or Cons? Also, how indepth is it, Im offshore so Im not looking at the bike at the moment to an idea. I know you have remove the Primary Chaincase to get to the pulley, once the pulley is off, are there any other seals on the tranny that need to be replace??

It will lower the rpm on the highway but you are sacrificing acceleration and of the line performance. Also i dont think you can (not 100%) run the stock 133 tooth belt, you would have to get a longer belt. As of seals and gskts you need an outer primary gasket, derby cover gskt, inner primary oring (eng), inner pri Mainshaft seal and starter jackshaft seal. Also lock tabs for inner primary bolts and locktab and seal washer for starter jackshaft bolt.

Thanks, cant do the rear wheel, it's a custom sprocket to match the wheels that only comes in one size. Sounds like a winter project anyway, don't want to be without the bike for even a day.

Back