free website stats program Trans Oil? | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Oil?

EMGLIDE

Was Wondering About Changing Trans Oil To Spectro 6-speed At Next Service. Heres My Question,the Spectro Is A 75w140 Oil According To The Package,i Have Some Left Over Royal Purple 75w140 From Servicing The Diffs In My Truck Was Wondering If It Would Be Compatible Since They Are The Same Weight.local Dealer Dont Know Anything About The Spectro Oil,says Anything Else May Be To Heavy And Affect Shifting In Cold Weather,i Live In Northern Illinois And Typically Ride Up Until The Weather Changes Around Thanksgiving Time. Any Thoughts Would Be Helpful.

Use Spectro 75 140 6 Speed. Is Made For The 6 Speed Tran. I Changed Mine I Noticed A Big Differance While Shifting. Much Smoother With The Spectro. I Also Use It In The Primary. Went With Amsoil 20 50 In The Engine. I Have Put 5000 Mile Since The Last Change And The Engine Oil Is Still Clear. A Little Change On The Color A Little Darker.

I'm no expert but I would never knowingly mix oils. Even though they're the same weight you have no idea of the complete contents of each oil and something might be incompatable.

The RP no doubt would work in the trans but the Spectro is a better product formulated for the 6 speed transmissions with the helical and straight cut gears. The difference is in the additives in the Spectro.

Back