free website stats program Trans oil question | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans oil question

rollo3076

I want to change my trans oil. I have been using harley's syn3 in all 3 holes, mainly because they do, but I am thinking of using Royal Purple 75/140 because I can get it in my hood. I would rather use spectro but can't find it anywhere near me. I was wondering what is some of ya'lls opinion of Royal Purple. Tank, I know what you think and I am going to use the amsoil in the engine. Used it in my last bike(Yamaha Roadstar) and was very happy with it. I was thinking the Royal Purple would be better than motor oil in the trans from what I have read here on the forum. Thanks, look forward to hearing from someone who has used the royal purple.

I want to change my trans oil. I have been using harley's syn3 in all 3 holes, mainly because they do, but I am thinking of using Royal Purple 75/140 because I can get it in my hood. I would rather use spectro but can't find it anywhere near me. I was wondering what is some of ya'lls opinion of Royal Purple. Tank, I know what you think and I am going to use the amsoil in the engine. Used it in my last bike(Yamaha Roadstar) and was very happy with it. I was thinking the Royal Purple would be better than motor oil in the trans from what I have read here on the forum. Thanks, look forward to hearing from someone who has used the royal purple.
If you have AutoZone in your area they carry Mobil 1 Big Twin for engine, Mobil 1 Syn Gear oil 70/90 for the primary & Mobil 1 Syn Gear oil 70/140 for the trans. Thinking of that combo for my next change. Can't get Spectro, Amsoil or Royal Purple here either except in the metric stores for metric bikes even though Spectro is here next door in CT. Go figure.

Been using Spectro for years. Not sold in my town but when I'm in a town that has it, I stock up. Just planning ahead. I always have enough for at least two changes in stock.
The $10 shipping is something you won't really get around. It costs money to ship.

Check the local import bike shops. There's a Yamaha dealer that carries Spectro here.

You know where I'm talking about SirDimsdale :D

i like red like "shockproof" for the tranny, and in the summer red line's 20x60 motorcycle synthetic oil. have to order it thru jaggs. but its the only 20x60 wt. syn oil i can find. others are a lot better than syn 3.

Back