free website stats program Trans oil - Just Changed | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans oil - Just Changed

israguard

Hi everyone,

Changed all oils today. I used today for first time the Spectro Oil in transmission as per attached photo. Just wanted to make sure I chose right oil and its a good choice.

Thanks

Attachments

• Spectro.jpg
    Spectro.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 100
Yeah buddy - liquid gold. You'll feel the difference w/first ride...smoother shifting + quieter.

Thank you for quick response. This stuff which I learnt about here is NOT easy to find in Montreal and you don't want to know what I paid for it. In any case.. Nice and shiny red color like a transmission oil should look like and not the HD "same oil in all holes"..

I'm learning lol

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Hi,
So far I like it a lot. I went for a 4 hour ride soon after and the shifting seems smoother. The "clunk" I get from neutral to first seems to still be there but aside from that I do notice the difference. I just never agreed with HD's policy of pouring in the same synthetic oil in all 3 holes. From now on it's strictly transmission oil for me.
Tks
WAP.gif

You can use Mobil 1 full synthetic 75/140 gear lube. it is easier to get and works just as well IMO. If you want to you can go to Mobil 1 75/90 gear lube and it work just as good, I have run both with no issues and better trans performance, I use the 75/140 for summer riding and when it get cooler out I go with the 75/90.

Back