free website stats program Trans Lube Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Lube Question

KFranz

I have noticed that when I change my transmission oil that it ISN'T dirty. I swear that it looks as good as the day I put it in. I have been using F+1 in this bike (02 Road King) since I got it three years ago. I change all my lubes every year. I'm planning to switch to the Specto GL-1 as soon as I get it, because of what I have read in this forum. My question is do I have to change the trans lube every year or can I extend my change intervals. I only ride approx. 2000-2500 miles per year (I know it's not much). Your thoughts please.

With that low mileage, it really isn't necessary but it's only a quart of lube so why not do it anyway, I do.

Plus it gives you a chance to inspect the magnetic drain plug.,, giving you a heads up to a potential upcoming problem (chipped tooth, worn shift dogs).

I have to agree that it is not really needed but it is only $15 bucks and gives you a chance to spend time with your machine when you maybe can't ride
kemo

And they say 50K on a fork oil change. They must want more fork rebuilding.:D

If you ever changed the fork oil after just 5-10K you'll know what I mean.

And they say 50K on a fork oil change. They must want more fork rebuilding.:D

If you ever changed the fork oil after just 5-10K you'll know what I mean.

HD probably doesn't Like HDTALKING because you HEAR the TRUTH HERE!

good recommendations on this site!

signed....BUBBIE

HD probably doesn't Like HDTALKING because you HEAR the TRUTH HERE!

good recommendations on this site!

signed....BUBBIE

Thats how the Stealers make ther money, after things break and warranty is up

Ain't that the truth!!!:D ........BUT, they all do that. :lolrolling

Thats why I will find my info here and take advantage of ESP, its better to pick the brains of you all and learn from the shared experiences and hopefully make the other sites take a look at this great forum JMO

Back