free website stats program Trannies in new touring bikes? | Harley Davidson Forums

Trannies in new touring bikes?

jamesearl

I recall thinking probably not a big deal with the new bike trans,then we had a few folks right here with problems.And I checked the stick on my 2019 ultra at 1300 miles,300 after the 1st service,and it was dry.brought it in,they drilled and put in a plastic tube.which I'm told,isn't the whole cure. I've been wondering,have they improved them?

Oil migration from the trans to the primary has been an issue with the M8 motor which. Trans fluid migrates from the trans to the primary via the clutch push rod. The MoCo added an oil slinger on the trap door side to the '19 models to solve the problem whihc did not solve the problem The tube installed on thd OPs bike is a vent which appears to be a permanent fix. The only thing the OP can do now is monitor; check trans fluid every 1000 miles; keep a record, like pictures of the fluid level on the dipstick and take it back to dealer if fluid transfer has not been solved.;)

I have a late 2019 Ultra no problems 29000 miles.

One of the lucky ones. The problem did not present on every M8 but it was a problem which the MoCo recognized, issued tech bulletins on and tried to fix. Keep checking.;)

Back