free website stats program Trailering | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailering

Sprint57

Be aware my local Dearler informed us that MOCO has told him that Bikes that were in his shop when they were there that had a hitch on them would void any warranty on the bike. Seems obsurd since sidecars are probly harder on the bike than any trailer i have ever pulled. Might be one to let the MOCO know how you feel about it. Some dealers I understand are turning their heads unless a rep has to investigate the claim.

Be aware my local Dearler informed us that MOCO has told him that Bikes that were in his shop when they were there that had a hitch on them would void any warranty on the bike. Seems obsurd since sidecars are probly harder on the bike than any trailer i have ever pulled. Might be one to let the MOCO know how you feel about it. Some dealers I understand are turning their heads unless a rep has to investigate the claim.

I believe IT takes a more KNOWLEDGEABLE rider to do the PULLING of a trailer RIGHT! Not lugging and Knowing how to keep the bike running without doing damage to it..

I side with the motor company on this one...(i don't pull a trailer but could)....( and correctly)

Even to RIDE CORRECTLY is in fact done "Less" today because of the NEW BEES and a few who never could in the first place!....

Boy this Post is going to get an answer or two.... Haha

No I'm not Fessing to Know it All,,, but I do know A Lot...

signed....BUBBIE :small3d012:

I believe IT takes a more KNOWLEDGEABLE rider to do the PULLING of a trailer RIGHT! Not lugging and Knowing how to keep the bike running without doing damage to it..

I side with the motor company on this one...(i don't pull a trailer but could)....( and correctly)

Even to RIDE CORRECTLY is in fact done "Less" today because of the NEW BEES and a few who never could in the first place!....

Boy this Post is going to get an answer or two.... Haha

No I'm not Fessing to Know it All,,, but I do know A Lot...

signed....BUBBIE :small3d012:

Bubbie you sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night?:bigsmiley20:

wellll lets see i Pulled my 1st trailer in 1984 so i think i've got a little experience in this area. yes there is always one or two that tend to forget they are dragging something behind them, but they tend to abuse their ride's anyway. I've pulled through the Black hill in wisconsion throughout arkansas colorado arizona and california,,, like everything else you have to ride within the limits of your ride ,your abilities and capabilities.

wellll lets see i Pulled my 1st trailer in 1984 so i think i've got a little experience in this area. yes there is always one or two that tend to forget they are dragging something behind them, but they tend to abuse their ride's anyway. I've pulled through the Black hill in wisconsion throughout arkansas colorado arizona and california,,, like everything else you have to ride within the limits of your ride ,your abilities and capabilities.

I believe you can!!!

signed....BUBBIE :D

I have a friend,,,, Yes I said Friend, I have a few! :D

One Just bought a 2010 sidecar Police set up from HD... I will ask him what Modifications the HD Co. did "special" to set it up... I know it is a Police 103 and he did put on TFI ? gen3 ? himself. Saying the TFI did make a BIG difference on the Pulling power curve, especially in 5/6.. I think the Gearing MIGHT be a little different on his sidecar with the Factory sidecar set-up... Now I would agree that is a lot of Pull and From the side...

I would also agree that Pulling Straight off the rear would be MY Way.... If I did any pulling.

?? Harley would allow "Trailer Pull" if they Sold the trailer??... Maybe they will or do??... I really don't know IF they do just never had enough interest to pull one my self,,,,

My Way : I just OVER-LOAD the luggage rack (t-bag) and fill hard bags on my 09 FLHR.... Luggage rack is on a 4 point system and does just Fine at the overload i do..

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that MOCO doesn't like trailers is, they don't sell them. But they do sell sidecars.
I'm selling my Triglide trike because they don't like trailers, But Can Am Spyders not only can pull them, but you can buy the trailer from the company.

I've pulled a trailer with my bike for years. The MoCo is just looking for a way to weasel out of paying claims... no different than anything else they do.

There are aftermarket hitches, but the MOCO does not offer one.

Couple of ride Captains I know with the PGR pull pretty good sized trailers (full of ice chests of bottled water and flags) behind their FLs. They told me they don't even know the trailers are back there once they get used to it.

I don't know squat about pulling trailers, never pulled one. But if Moco won't cover IDS bolts I'm not real surprised they won't cover pulling a trailer since at least a trailer is an ADD ON item to the normal.

Back