free website stats program trailer hitch | Harley Davidson Forums

trailer hitch

ooheritage

hey to all, do ultra glides come with trailor hitch mounts already, or is it a add on that you have to do?

Think long and hard before you pull a trailer with a bike.......it's a nightmare!

Richard, I see quite a few bike Harley and others with trailers. I've never pulled one so I can't comment, can you tell us why it's a nightmare?

If I have to pull a trailer, I will use a cage. No offense, JMHO. When on my rare rides, I want to ride like I like to ride, and that would not include a trailer. I do not get the opportunity to ride often enough. Sorry, I know this is off the question, which was answered. What ever you do, ride safe.

I've pulled a Unigo trailer over 42,000 miles ...from the East coast to the West Coast... I've never had a problem and sure makes the wife happy...They sold me the hitch (Unigo w/ a wiring harness specially for my Road King) installed the hitch and wired it in less that 2 hours. Its can carry up to 100 pounds and its a 1 wheel trailer..when we arrive at out destination we unhook it and roll it to our room.

I've pulled a Unigo trailer over 42,000 miles ...from the East coast to the West Coast... I've never had a problem and sure makes the wife happy...They sold me the hitch (Unigo w/ a wiring harness specially for my Road King) installed the hitch and wired it in less that 2 hours. Its can carry up to 100 pounds and its a 1 wheel trailer..when we arrive at out destination we unhook it and roll it to our room.

There you go. You could not get a better opinion than this. 42K is what I call experience. :s

I've considered a trailer but I have run through some of the +/- of running a trailer.
I travel alone (usually) and I might be tempted to take too much. I did an Iowa/California trip this summer and I had the bike packed with too many clothes. Next time I'll take less.
I had the tourpac, T-Bag and dry bag on the passenger seat full. Made the bike ('07 Ultra) top heavy. Noticeable when it took weight off the front wheel.
I could take a passenger if using a trailer.
I had too much weight on the rear. A trailer would help but I'd have to alter riding styles.
I see a lot of bikes with trailers so the thought is still there.

Back