free website stats program Trailer Hitch for Touring Model? | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer Hitch for Touring Model?

joel

I know with the 08 and older bike you could add a trailer hitch, what about 09 has anyone tried or know of a kit? I have seen bikeer that have converted the hitch to a platform to put a mid size cooler on it.

First let me say this: I KNOW MY BIKES DIRTY (I ride way too much, but then what the hay). Ok that said this is the MCHitch receiver hitch. It was a pretty easy install. My trailer should be here in about a month. First time pulling one so I'm anxious to get it. Have a trip planed the end of March to Cali and back to Ohio, I’ll be gone for about 2 months. Can't wait.

Pictures by nt6977 - Photobucket

Attachments

• DSCN1900.jpg
    DSCN1900.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1901.jpg
    DSCN1901.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN1903.jpg
    DSCN1903.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1905.jpg
    DSCN1905.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1906.jpg
    DSCN1906.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 114
Looks good Rob, how about a pic from the side with bag off to see how it mounts to the frame.

First let me say this: I KNOW MY BIKES DIRTY (I ride way too much, but then what the hay). Ok that said this is the MCHitch receiver hitch. It was a pretty easy install. My trailer should be here in about a month. First time pulling one so I'm anxious to get it. Have a trip planed the end of March to Cali and back to Ohio, I’ll be gone for about 2 months. Can't wait.

Looks good Rob, how about a pic from the side with bag off to see how it mounts to the frame.

Rob --- I agree here with joel --- How about a pic or two !?? I have a 07 UC and thinking about a trailer - wife & I are "putting our heads together" ( well she is!!) about a trip out to Pennsl. & N. Carolina.

I installed the Dauntless Motors trailer hitch on my /09 Ultra. Over the years, I've installed 6 trailer hitches on motorcycles and this was, by far, the easiest install (including the wiring) of any. Dauntless is located in Enumclaw, WA. and make great products.

Here's more pics. Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSCN1911.jpg
    DSCN1911.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN1912.jpg
    DSCN1912.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN1913.jpg
    DSCN1913.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 94
Looks like a very clean install, what is the load limit, and if you have tested it with a trailer, how does it feel?

Looks like a very clean install, what is the load limit, and if you have tested it with a trailer, how does it feel?

that is a very good question? One I'm going to have to call them and find out. You would have thought that I would have all ready done that, but it will be answered soon I will tell you that. And no I don't have the trailer yet. It will be here by the 2nd week of March (I hope). I am leaving for CA. the last full week of March. I told them I would very much like to have it by then so as to get a little use to pulling it. I'll load it with weight to see what it feels like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back