free website stats program traded in my 883 on a Buell | Harley Davidson Forums

traded in my 883 on a Buell

Baggh

Hey all,

Funny how these things work out sometimes. On my '06 XL883 I recently got the rims powder coated, new grips\pegs, put awesome looking pinstripes on it just yesterday morning... yesterday afternoon I went to the Harley shop to pick up oil\oil filter and BAM...

I ended leaving with an '08 Buell XB12S... 5 miles on it. Bought brand new off the floor. My goodness I love it! High end engineering and very unique looks... beautiful bike and the power... unreal.

I have chimed in many times on these forums mostly in support of the 883 and its power... sometimes not. It's a personal thing if a bike is right for you... the feel of it... the power. I LOVED my 883 and what I did to it (mods after mods\etc)... it looked awesome BUT... there was a nagging constantly at the back of my head that after all the mods and such the bike was still an 883... and I wanted more!

So I went to Harley to get a filter.. and maybe see whats up with the Nightsers. I thought I wanted a Nightser until I looked it over and allllllllllll the mods I would have to redo to get it where mine was... ehhh... almost made me sick. So I decided to go UBER power and unique... and I love it.

I'll miss my 883 though. Great bike.

Post some pics of the new bike. Sounds like the harley bug has bitten you good!:D

What happens when you go for a filter for the Buell?

Post some pics of the new bike. Sounds like the harley bug has bitten you good!:D

What happens when you go for a filter for the Buell?

He will enter the Harley swinging doors with hands over both eyes and rely on his previous experience going straight to the parts counter...then back away holding his parts...v-v-e-e-r-r-y-y slowly following the same footsteps he came in and not get distracted by the pretty gal showing the B-I-K-E-S :gh too late, he is a goner. :lolrolling

ahaha... it's easy to say this now but I'm staying clear of the Harley shop for a loooooong time. At least until the dust settles from this purchase... in about a week or 2.. heh. Love this thing... everytime I got downstairs for a smoke break I just stand there and gander at it. Smiling from ear to ear like.. "Yep... thats mine!" :)

Back