free website stats program Touring seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring seats

Merlynn

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip out west this summer on my 07 Road King. The standard seat won't cut it. Looking at the HD sundowner, the comfort stitch, or the Mustang seat. Had a sundowner on my sporty and loved it so leaning that way. Anybody have experience with any of these seats? Would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!

Check out this link. I had this on my Yamaha Roadstar. After trying a Corbin and Mustang, this thing was like a lazyboy recliner. It's made out of memory foam. I could honelsty ride 100 miles without even having to stand and stretch at a stop sign. Trust me, this thing is awesome! Good folks to deal with too.

The Ultimate Seats - About Harley Seats

(and no, I don't get a kickback. LOL)

I have a Sundowner on my Deuce, I put it on there because the little lady was complaining about a sore a@s after a while.
It gave me about an extra inch in seat height.
Now when anyone asks what type of seat it is I say Bloody comfortable.

I have a Road King and tried a Sundowner and it was much better than the stock seat, but then I went with the Mustang Solo and separate passenger and it is by far more comfortable. No problem doing 500+ miles.

I have a mustang touring seat. I also purchaded the backrest whick is removable. This seat is now 6 years old,a nd I love it. With this seat I have been able to go 1000 per day. With a good set of Handlebars, Engine guard, foot pegs, mine is set up almost to the same position as a Lazyboy chair.

dd2e5728-805c-4d4d-8201-3c962752a847.jpg

Check out JPCycles.com They have the best price around. They are up in Iowa, Great place to visit,hugh shop. They put my seat on in the parking lot and shipped the old seat home for free. There is also a MC Museum in town.

I had put a Sundowner seat on my previous '03 Sportster and found it to be much more comfortable than the stock seat. The only issue I had with it was that I found it was made higher than the stock seat and as much as I want to get another for my '02 RK I know it's going to be higher than the stock one that's on now, and being vertically challenged (28" inseam) will sit me higher on this heavy machine making it even more of a stretch to reach the pavement so I need to keep researching till I find something 'low & comfortable' for extended 2-up riding.

I put a sundowner on last year and (edited) is still thanking me! Too bad it was on the end of a run...but I could have kept going after that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I put on a HD 51102-01A, Pillow-Look Seat for Road King. Very comfortable plus the wife loves the comfort over the stock seat.

(Seat width 17.0"; passenger pillion width 16.0")

Back