free website stats program Touring Pull Back Handlebar | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Pull Back Handlebar

Has anybody put these on a Streetglide?

HD Part# is 56176-08

Second question:
Does anybody have a resource for seeing the instruction for mounting this bar?

I am getting conflicting stories about what other parts are required. My bike has the ABS, so I don't want to get started and then get stuck with the bike all torn apart.

TIA

Bernhard

You dont need any specific instructions to install them. Download the Shop Manual that you can find on this site. The shop manual tells you exactly how to remove the fairing, bars, throttle by wire etc. I replaced the bars on my Road King with the Heritage Style Bars without any problem, and I am not all that mechanically inclined. My question to you is why not replace them with the Heritage Style Bars..you wont need anything else if you use these bars. The bars you are using requires additional purchases...just a thought.

You dont need any specific instructions to install them. Download the Shop Manual that you can find on this site. The shop manual tells you exactly how to remove the fairing, bars, throttle by wire etc. I replaced the bars on my Road King with the Heritage Style Bars without any problem, and I am not all that mechanically inclined. My question to you is why not replace them with the Heritage Style Bars..you wont need anything else if you use these bars. The bars you are using requires additional purchases...just a thought.
My bike is a '09 with the FBW throttle. The discussions I have seen indicated that they wouldn't work.

Just a side note. I was reading another post on this forum and as a result have a high bid on Ebay on a set of Heritage bars with the DBW indent. I didn't read far enough in the thread to where it said they wouldn't fit my Ultra. If I wind them they'll be for sale on this forum.

What years will work for an 08 Road King? Are the Heritage bars for 09 an 10 model years? And is the basic difference that they are a "mini ape hanger" type bar?

I had a Dyna that had a similar style to the Heritage based on looks. I really liked that.

Just a tip for anyone installing their own bars on bikes w/ fairings.

Pay attention to the portion of the service manual that refers to reinstalling the ignition switch. If you do not follow the instructions, you will be in a world of hurt.

I put pullback bars on my Ultra and it took me about 15 hours but I did route the wires internally so I had to cut/splice/heatshrink every wire so that added lots of time. My dealer said the cables would be too short but they were not; however, the clutch cable is a little tight and I had to reroute it inside the fairing.

Back