free website stats program Touring exhaust question | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring exhaust question

bikerfishman

will stock 88 inch touring muffles (head pipes and mufflers) fit on a 08 street glide with the 96 inch motor? And will they make my engine run lean.

will stock 88 inch touring muffles (head pipes and mufflers) fit on a 08 street glide with the 96 inch motor? And will they make my engine run lean.

Many companies list thier touring exhaust systems as fitting 86-08. You will need the 07 -08's if you continue to use the o2 sensors in the head pipes. You won't need the bungs if you use a fuel adder that doesn't use the sensors.
Changing ONLY the exhaust or ONLY the filter usually doesn't have a big impact on running lean. Changing BOTH does.

Thanks for the info, and reminding me of the o2 sensors, I have a pc3 but as far as the pipes go I am running Samson true duals and the rear head pipe cracked and spit out a small chunk of the pipe to make a hole.
Being 60 miles from home I removed the heat shield uses the 2 hose clamps to hold the piece the fell out and kept the rpms un 2200 and got back fine.
The Samson’s are really thin in the head pipes which leads me to believe they are made in china. I heard the BUBs are the same way as far as there true duals.
The good news is I think I found a complete set of 07 road glide exhaust for 50 bucks, the Samson calibers were a little obnoxious anyway.

Back