free website stats program Tour pack quick detach mounting plate | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour pack quick detach mounting plate

Trout1

Since I got a warm welcome here as a new member, I now have my first question. I have an 08 SG with the quick detach set up for the back rest.
Looking to buy a tour pack, will the quick detach mounting plate use the same docking points as the back rest?

Thanks guys, looked up how to install the kit and it looks like a pain in the butt. If this is installed will I still be able to use my back rest when the tour pack is off?

Thanks guys, looked up how to install the kit and it looks like a pain in the butt. If this is installed will I still be able to use my back rest when the tour pack is off?
Its not that hard to install the docking brackets with the instruction sheet . I installed a quick disconnect tour pack 4 point system on my 04 ultra that I believe is the same that you would be installing . The wiring is the issue as the package unit includes mounting bracket & coax for radio only , Harley doesn't sell the unit to change over the c.b. (the mounting bracket , hardware & coax) . Its pretty easy putting on the docking hardware !!

That sounds good, not as bad as I was thinking, so now I am looking for a used tour pack. Been looking on Ebay for one. Thanks again for all the help.

Back