free website stats program Tour Pack Antenna Relocation Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pack Antenna Relocation Issues

SprChkn

Hey everyone,

I just put a detachable tour pack on my 2010 FLHX. The only issue I am having is with the routing of the jumper cable for the antenna relocation. Per the instructions, you connect the jumper cable to the original antenna mount using a supplied adapter, then run the cable up the saddlebag support bracket and into the tour pack. However, with the adapter screwed onto the original antenna mount, there is insufficient room between the adapter and the painted filler strip that goes between the rear fender and the saddlebag for the jumper cable. It just won't fit underneath the filler strip. So, currently, I have the jumper cable coming out through the original antenna hole, then going up to the tour pack. Am I missing something?

Thanks

I just read the installation PDF, and it seems to me that that's the way it's supposed to go. Adapter screws on to the original antenna base, antenna jumper wire connects to the adapter, then goes up into the tour pack.

To clean things up, what about the installation of a hidden antenna inside fairing?

Back